Monday, April 21, 2008

Thimbells


My venture in casting bells started with a lady wanting me to create thimbles. I created several thimbles for her. I made rubber molds of the originals with the intent of selling additional thimbles.

The reproductions thimbles sat in my display case for quite a while. One day, at a show, a lady wearing a Harley Davidson Jacket saw the thimbles and asked if I could make them into bells. It seems bikers like to put a bell on the cycle to ward off bad spirits. Why not I said.

So now I make Southwest Thimbells which sell very well.

The clapper of the Thimbell is a small bear. Three of the bales are Humpback Flute players and the round bale is a sun symbol surrounded with feathers.

leessilver@aol.com

leessilver@cox.net



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the neatest idea!

Kim Paluch said...

I love your thimbells!!!

Kim